Effective day 25 May 2018
Our infrastructure and security team includes people who’ve played lead roles in designing, building, and operating highly secure Internet facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies.
We have implemented a formal procedure for security events and have educated all our staff on our policies:
- When security events are detected they are escalated to our emergency alias, teams are paged, notified and assembled to rapidly address the event.
- After a security event is fixed we write up a post-mortem analysis.
- The analysis is reviewed in person, distributed across the company and includes action items that will make the detection and prevention of a similar event easier in the future.
- Ablio will promptly notify you in writing upon verification of a security breach of our services that affects your data. Notification will describe the breach and the status of Ablio’s investigation.
Build Process Automation:
- We have functioning, frequently used automation in place so that we can safely and reliably rollout changes to both our application and operating platform within minutes.
- We typically deploy code every week, so we have high confidence that we can get a security fix out quickly when required.
All of our services run in the cloud. Ablio does not run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
All of our services and data are hosted in ProfitBricks and Pax8 facilities in Germany and the USA and protected by their security. More specific information about ProfitBricks and Pax8 security processes and measures is available upon your request. All of our infrastructure is spread across different data centers and will continue to work should any one of those data centers fail unexpectedly. As such, Ablio builds on the physical security and environmental controls provided by such providers.
Ablio uses a backup solution for datastores that contain customer data.
Customer data is stored in multi-tenant datastores; we do not have individual datastores for each customer. However strict privacy controls exist in our application code that are designed to ensure data privacy and to prevent one customer from accessing another customer’s data (i.e., logical separation). We have many unit and integration tests in place to ensure these privacy controls work as expected. These tests are run every time our codebase is updated and even one single test failing will prevent new code being shipped to production.
Each Ablio system used to process customer data is adequately configured and pathed using commercially-reasonable methods according to industry-recognized system-hardening standards.
Ablio engages certain subprocessors to process customer data. These subprocessors are listed here, as may be updated by Ablio from time to time.
Ablio is served 100% over https. Ablio runs a zero-trust corporate network.
We have two-factor authentication (2FA) and strong password policies on GitHub, Google, Twilio, MongoDB, Intercom and Ablio to ensure access to cloud services are protected.
Permissions and Admin Controls
Ablio enables permission levels to be set for any employees or service providers with access to Ablio. Permissions and access can be set to include app settings, billing, user data, or the ability to send/edit manual messages and auto messages.
On an application level, we produce audit logs for all activity, ship logs to our service providers for analysis.
All access to Ablio applications is logged.
All actions taken on production consoles or in the Ablio application are logged.
All payment instrument processing for purchase of the Ablio services is performed by Stripe. For more information on Stripe’s security practices, please see stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.
- Managing your own user accounts and roles from within the Ablio services.
- Protecting your own account and user credentials for all of your employees accessing our services.
- Compliance with the terms of your services agreement with Ablio, including with respect to compliance with laws.
- Promptly notifying Ablio if a user credential has been compromised or if you suspect possible suspicious activities that could negatively impact security of the Ablio services or your account.
- You may not perform any security penetration tests or security assessment activities without the express advance written consent of Ablio.